From ke xie <oed...@gmail.com>
Subject how to set different hadoop.tmp.dir for each machines?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:08:50 GMT
Hey guys, I'm new here, and recently I'm working on configuring a cluster
with 32 nodes.

However, there are some problems, I describe below

The cluster consists of nodes, which I don't have "root" to configure as I
wish. We only have the space /localhost_name/local space to use.
Thus, we only have

/machine_a/local
/machine_b/local

So I guess to set hadoop.tmp.dir=/${HOSTNAME}/local will work, but sadly it
didn't...

Almost all the tutorials online are trying to set hadoop.tmp.dir as a single
path, which assume on each machine the path is the same... but in my case
it's not...

I did some googling... like "hadoop.tmp.dir different"... but no results...

Anybody can help? I'll appreciate that... for i've been working on this
problem for more than 30 hours...

--
Name: Ke Xie   Eddy
Research Group of Information Retrieval