From Harsh J <qwertyman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is that a good practice?
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 04:05:06 GMT
This appears to me like the simple case of your OS clearing out your
/tmp at every boot. You will lose all data + fsimage if you haven't
configured your dfs.data.dir and dfs.name.dir to not be located on
/tmp.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Mark Kerzner <markkerzner@gmail.com> wrote:
> It finally dawns on me that with such small cluster I better shut the
> daemons down, for otherwise they are trying too hard to compensate for the
> missing node and eventually it goes bad. Is my understanding correct?

Are your dfs.data.dir and/or dfs.name.dir properties pointing to
locations on /tmp, by the way? This appears to me like the simple case
of your OS clearing out your /tmp on boot. You will lose all data +
fsimage this way if you haven't configured your dfs.data.dir and
dfs.name.dir to not be located on /tmp.

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com