From bikash sharma <sharmabiks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TaskTracker not starting on all nodes
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 14:07:40 GMT
Hi James,
Sorry for the late response. No, the same problem persists. I reformatted
HDFS, stopped mapred and hdfs daemons and restarted them (using start-dfs.sh
and start-mapred.sh from master node). But surprisingly out of 4 nodes
cluster, two nodes have TaskTracker running while other two do not have
TaskTrackers on them (verified using jps). I guess since I have the Hadoop
installed on shared storage, that might be the issue? Btw, how do I start
the services independently on each node?

-bikash