From Bryan Keller <brya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop client jar dependencies
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 06:10:44 GMT
I took a look at the ivy.xml file and it seems for a Hadoop client, you'll need hadoop-core,
commons-http-client, commons-codec, and commons-cli. I also found that you will need jackson
(used by JobClient), but this is not specified as a client dependency in the ivy.xml.

On Mar 1, 2011, at 2:33 AM, Bryan Keller wrote:

> I am writing an application that submits job jar files to the job tracker. The application
writes some files to HDFS among other things before triggering the job. I am using the hadoop-core
library in the Maven central repository. Unfortunately this library has several dependencies
that I don't believe I need for a client application, such as Jasper, Jetty, and such. Is
there a list of the jar files needed for developing Hadoop client applications? Or alternatively,
a list of jar files only needed when running the Hadoop server processes?