From Shi Yu <sh...@uchicago.edu>
Subject java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 134
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 22:04:21 GMT
What is the true reason of causing this? I realized there are many
reports on web, but couldn't find the exact solution? I have this
problem when using compressed sequence file output.

SequenceFileOutputFormat.setCompressOutput(conf, true);
SequenceFileOutputFormat.setOutputCompressorClass(conf, GzipCodec.class);
SequenceFileOutputFormat.setOutputCompressionType(conf,
CompressionType.BLOCK);

If I remove that 3 lines, everything is fine.  I am using hadoop 0.19.2,
is there any way to avoid the problem without upgrading hadoop?

Thanks!

Shi