From Manish Yadav <manish.ya...@orkash.com>
Subject hadoop installation problem(single-node)
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 08:59:38 GMT
Dear Sir/Madam
  I'm very new to hadoop. I'm trying to install hadoop on my computer. I
followed a weblink and try to install it. I want to install hadoop on my
single node cluster.
i 'm using Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit as my operating system . I have installed
java in /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_24. the step i take to install hadoop are
following

1: Make a group hadoop and a user hadoop with home directory
in hadoop directory i have a directory called projects and download
hadoop binary there than extract them there;
i configured the ssh also.

than i made changes to some file which are following. i'm attaching them
with this male please check them .
1: hadoop_env_sh
2:core-site.xml
3mapreduce-site.xml
4 hdfs-site. xml
5 hadoop's usre .bashrc
6 hadoop'user .profile

  After making changes to these fie ,I just enter the hadoop account and
enter the  few command following thing happen :

hadoop@ws40-man-lin:~$ echo $HADOOP_HOME
/home/hadoop/project/hadoop-0.20.0
hadoop@ws40-man-lin:~$ hadoop namenode -format
hadoop: command not found
hadoop@ws40-man-lin:~$ namenode -format
namenode: command not found
hadoop@ws40-man-lin:~$

now I'm completely stuck i don't know what to do? please help me as
there is no more help around the net.
i' m attaching the files also which i changed can u tell me the exact
configuration which i should use to install hadoop.