From Marco Didonna <m.didonn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IdentityReducer is called instead of my own
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 22:06:10 GMT
On 02/02/2011 10:23 PM, Christian Kunz wrote:
> Without seeing the source code of the reduce method of  the InvIndexReduce class
> my best guess would be that the signature is incorrect. I saw this happen when migrating
from old to new api:

> protected void reduce(KEYIN key, Iterable<VALUEIN> values, Context context)
>
> (Iterable, not Iterator as in the old api)
>
> -Christian

My God you're right...are you a sensitive or what :) :)? I am pretty new
to Hadoop and I have studied the Tom White's book which is based on the
old api (too bad)...I find quite difficult the migration to the new
api...Is there a transition guide?

Thank you very very much...I was going to call an exorcist since there
was no warning, no error whatsoever...

Marco