From Allen Wittenauer <awittena...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: User History Location
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:57:52 GMT

On Feb 11, 2011, at 6:12 AM, Alexander Schätzle wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm a little bit confused about the right key for specifying the User History Location
in CDH3B3 (which is Hadoop 0.20.2+737). Could anybody please give me a short answer which
key is the right one and which configuration file is the right one to place the key?
> 1) mapreduce.job.userhistorylocation ?
> 2) hadoop.job.history.user.location ?
> Is the mapred-site.xml the right config-file for this key?

	I don't know about Cloudera, but on the real Hadoop, you don't want to write these to HDFS.
 If the write fails (which can happen under a variety of circumstances), all job logging gets
turned off.
View raw message