From David Saile <da...@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject Benchmarking pipelined MapReduce jobs
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:46:07 GMT
Hello everybody,

I am trying to benchmark a Hadoop-cluster with regards to throughput of pipelined MapReduce
jobs.
Looking for benchmarks, I found the "Gridmix" benchmark that is supplied with Hadoop. In its
README-file it says that part of this benchmark is a "Three stage map/reduce job".

As this seems to match my needs, I was wondering if it possible to configure "Gridmix", in
order to only run this job (without the rest of the "Gridmix" benchmark)?
Or do I have to build my own benchmark? If this is the case, which classes are used by this
"Three stage map/reduce job"?

Thanks for any help!

David