From Ted Pedersen <tpede...@d.umn.edu>
Subject Hadoop Case Studies?
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 00:34:07 GMT
Greetings all,

I'm teaching an undergraduate Computer Science class that is using
Hadoop quite heavily, and would like to include some case studies at
various points during this semester.

We are using Tom White's "Hadoop The Definitive Guide" as a text, and
that includes a very nice chapter of case studies which might even
provide enough material for my purposes.

But, I wanted to check and see if there were other case studies out
there that might provide motivating and interesting examples of how
Hadoop is currently being used. The idea is to find material that goes
beyond simply saying "X uses Hadoop" to explaining in more detail how
and why X are using Hadoop.

Any hints would be very gratefully received.

Ted Pedersen

View raw message