From Shrinivas Joshi <jshrini...@gmail.com>
Subject recommendation on HDDs
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:26:44 GMT
What would be a good hard drive for a 7 node cluster which is targeted to
run a mix of IO and CPU intensive Hadoop workloads? We are looking for
around 1 TB of storage on each node distributed amongst 4 or 5 disks. So
either 250GB * 4 disks or 160GB * 5 disks. Also it should be less than 100$
each ;)

I looked at HDD benchmark comparisons on tomshardware, storagereview etc.
Got overwhelmed with the # of benchmarks and different aspects of HDD
performance.

Appreciate your help on this.

-Shrinivas