From Deepak Diwakar <ddeepa...@gmail.com>
Subject Parallel /concurrent deployment - open source software
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:34:56 GMT
Hi all,

Can any body suggest me a few good software which does parallel/ concurrent
deployment of Hadoop and or other dependencies .i,e
- I am growing my cluster size from 10 nodes to 20 nodes .  Want to have a
software something like kickstart where you gave input like:

   - all ip -addresses over which we want to setup cluster, all the
   dependency list , config parameters and repository from where to install the
   dependencies. and run some defined script if set. All from one place?

Till now I have a script to check and install the dependencies which i
actually run at each new node to setup. But this is not going to be a
scalable soln with growth of nodes . Also for monitoring i am replacing
Zabbix with Ganglia want to install it over the cluster. And Would like to
know a software which could do this in one shot .

Appreciate your help.

- Deepak Diwakar,