From Christian Stucchio <stucc...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop fsck failure
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2011 14:37:56 GMT
Greetings,

I recently had a power failure, resulting in all my servers shutting
down. Everything appears to have recovered, but I am now unable to run
fsck:

$ hadoop fsck /
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP
response code: 503 for URL: http://0.0.0.0:50070/fsck?path=%2F
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1441)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.tools.DFSck.run(DFSck.java:123)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.tools.DFSck.main(DFSck.java:159)

Any ideas as to what is going on? My data appears safe, and everything
else seems to be working fine.

Chris