From Shivani Rao <sg...@purdue.edu>
Subject a hadoop input format question
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 22:37:33 GMT
I am running basic hadoop examples on amazon emr and I am stuck at a very
simple place. I am apparently not passing the right "classname" for

>From hadoop documentation it seems like "TextInputFormat" is a valid option
for input format

I am running a simple sort example using mapreduce.

Here is the command variations I tried, all to vain:

$usr/local/hadoop/bin/hadoop jar /path to hadoop
examples/hadoop-0.18.0-examples.jar sort -inFormat TextInputFormat
-outFormat TextOutputFormat /path to datainput/datain/ /path to data

The sort function does not declare "TextInputFormat" in its import list.
Could that be a problem
Could it be a version problem?

Any help is aprpeciated!

Research Scholar,