From maha <m...@umail.ucsb.edu>
Subject Re: File size shown in HDFS using "-lsr"
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 22:22:56 GMT
It's because of the HDFS_BYTES_READ .

So, my question now is what examples other than compression that change HDFS_BYTES_READ from
Map-input-bytes?

In my case, input file is 67K but is stored in HDFS as 83K and this doesn't happen all the
time, sometimes they're the same and other times they're different (nothing else was changed).

Please any explanation is appreciated !

Thank you,
Maha