From Gang Luo <lgpub...@yahoo.com.cn>
Subject multiple hadoop instances on same cluster
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 04:09:53 GMT
Hello folks,
I am trying to run multiple hadoop instances on the same cluster. I find it hard
to share. First I try two  instances, each of them run with the same master and
slaves. Only one of them could work. I try to divide the cluster such that
hadoop 1 use machine 0-9 and hadoop 2 uses machine 10-19. Still, only one of
them could work. The HDFS of the second hadoop is working well, but
start-mapred.sh will result in such exception "java.io.IOException: Connection
reset by peer" in the log.

Any ideas on this or suggestion on how to run multiple hadoop instance on one
cluster? I can total divide up the cluster such that different instances run on
different set of machines.

Thanks.

-Gang