From <praveen.pe...@nokia.com>
Subject Catching mapred exceptions on the client
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 16:00:14 GMT
Hello all,
I have few mapreduce jobs that I am calling from a java driver. The problem I am facing is
that when there is an exception in mapred job, the exception is not propogated to the client
so even if first job failed, its going to second job and so on. Is there an another way of
catching exceptions from mapred jobs on the client side?

I am using hadoop-0.20.2.

My Example is:
Driver {
         try {
        Call MapredJob1;
        Call MapredJob2;
        ..
        ..
        }catch(Exception e) {
                throw new exception;
        }
}

When MapredJob1 throws ClassNotFoundException, MapredJob2 and others are still executing.

Any insight into it is appreciated.

Praveen