From <praveen.pe...@nokia.com>
Subject Selecting only few slaves in the cluster
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:33:12 GMT
Hello all,
We have a 100 node hadoop cluster that is used for multiple purposes. I want to run few mapred
jobs and I know 4 to 5 slaves should be enough. Is there anyway to restrict my jobs to use
only 4 slaves instead of all 100. I noticed that more the number of slaves more overhead there
is.

Also can I pass in hadoop parameters like mapred.child.java.opts so that the actual child
processes gets the specified value for max heap size. I want to set the heap size to 2G instead
of going with the default..

Thanks
Praveen