From danoomistmatiste <kkhambadk...@yahoo.com>
Subject file:/// has no authority
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 05:19:14 GMT

Hi,  I have setup a Hadoop cluster as per the instructions for CDH3.   When I
try to start the datanode on the slave, I get this error,

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid URI for NameNode address
(check fs.defaultFS): file:/// has no authority.

I have setup the right parameters in core-site.xml
where <master> is the IP address where the namenode is running

<configuration>
 <property>
  <name>fs.default.name</name>
</property>