From Keith Wiley <kwi...@keithwiley.com>
Subject Streaming reporter counter update
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 20:11:17 GMT
I have found the following abstraction a streaming counter update in many places on the web:

to be sent to cerr, but I haven't found a description of the three parameters.  Presumably
group is just a string of my own choosing, but I don't know what to enter for counter and
amount.  Are they ints for floats?  Is counter a string naming the counter or number indicating
the maximum counter so that amount can be used to determine a fraction of that max...I just
don't know.

Help.

Keith Wiley               kwiley@keithwiley.com               www.keithwiley.com

sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
  -- Galileo Galilei