From Harsh J <qwertyman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to build hadoop in Linux
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2011 20:46:43 GMT
On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:
> The Java5 dependency is about to go from Hadoop. See HADOOP-7072. I
> will try to commit it first thing next year. So, wait a couple of days
> and you'll be all right.

This is great news, as I'm suffering with an inability to run test-patch.

It always keeps failing with errors like:
docs:
     [exec] Apache Forrest.  Run 'forrest -projecthelp' to list options
     [exec]
     [exec] Error occurred during initialization of VM
     [exec] java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

Would be great if this is committed soon. Thanks!

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com