From Harsh J <qwertyman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS FS Commands Hanging System
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2011 19:00:51 GMT
If you're using Java version "1.6.0_18", avoid it and switch to a more
recent release.
For information on why, check http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopJavaVersions

Although I don't think that it could be the real reason behind the
issue here, it may be good to avoid that particular release before
progressing deeper.

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Jon Lederman <jon2718@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been working on running Hadoop on a new microprocessor architecture in pseudo-distributed
mode.  I have been successful in getting SSH configured.  I am also able to start a namenode,
secondary namenode, tasktracker, jobtracker and datanode as evidenced by the response I get
from jps.

> However, when I attempt to interact with the file system in any way such as the simple
command hadoop fs -ls, the system hangs.  So it appears to me that some communication is
not occurring properly.  Does anyone have any suggestions what I look into in order to fix
this problem?

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com