From Raj V <rajv...@yahoo.com>
Subject Job configuration Versus Site Configuration!
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 21:43:58 GMT
I am sure this question has been asked many times. I have tried searching the mailing lists
and also the faq.

Given the various configuration parameters, is there so,mething that indicates whether they
are site specific or job specific? For example I understand thathadoop.tmp.dir or mapred.job.tracker.http.address are
site-specific while things like mapred.reduce.tasks is job specific.  But there are other
parameters such as tasktracker.http.threads that I am not clear is a part of the site or
job.

Is there a way to determine which parameter goes where for admistrative purposes?