From Da Zheng <zhengda1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: the performance of HDFS
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 04:18:07 GMT
Esteban,

Tools like iostat and iotop isn't installed.
>From the specification, there is a RAID controller, but I'm not sure if it's used.
zhengda@occalit28:~$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: ATA      Model: WDC WD800AAJS-18 Rev: 01.0
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: ATA      Model: Hitachi HUA72101 Rev: GKAO
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05

Thanks,
Da