From Adarsh Sharma <adarsh.sha...@orkash.com>
Subject Re: No locks available
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:02:29 GMT
Benjamin Gufler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2011-01-17 14:28, Adarsh Sharma wrote:
>> Edward Capriolo wrote:
>>> No locks available can mean that you are trying to use hadoop on a
>>> filesystem that does not support file level locking. Are you trying to
>>> run your name node storage in NFS space?
>>
>> Yes Edward U'r absolutely right.
>> I mount hard disk path to the Datanode ( VM ) dfs.data.path.
>> But it causes no problem in other nodes.
>
> are the NFS locking services up and running?

Thanx Benjamin ,

I am sorry but I don't know how to check it.

Can you Please tell me how do I find this feature and answer your question.

I think this might be the problem, but the other datanodes doesn't have
this issue.

Please note that my name node storage (dfs.name.dir) is not in NFS.

Best Regards

Adarsh Sharma