From maha <m...@umail.ucsb.edu>
Subject Accessing HDFS
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 21:42:24 GMT
Hi everyone,

  I'm wondering if there is a way to doing the following commands to  HDFS  ...

   File LocalinputDir = new File ("/user/maha/inputDir");
   String[] file = LocalinputDir.list();

I'm given Hadoop and input directory with files {f1,f2 ..}. I would like for hadoop to open
the directory and list the file names .. how can I do that?
or  I know I can copyToLocal the directory and use the regular-local fs.List() to see the
file names . But the other way is faster,

  Thanks,

    Maha