From Stefan Groschupf ...@101tec.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop RPC call response post processing
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2010 05:01:10 GMT
Hi Todd,
Thanks for the feedback.
> Nope, it's not currently pluggable, nor do I think there's any compelling
> reason to make it pluggable.

Well, one could argue with an interceptor / filter it would be very easy to add compression
or encryption to RPC.
But since the nutch days the code base was never architected in extendable or modular way.

> Perhaps you can hack something in a git branch, and if it has good results
> on something like NNBench it could be a general contribution?

Thanks - I pass on that offer. The days waiting a half year to get a patch into the codebase
are behind me. :)
I think I will just replace hadoop RPC with netty.

Cheers,
Stefan