From Sudhir Vallamkondu <Sudhir.Vallamko...@icrossing.com>
Subject Re: UI doesn't work
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2010 02:02:18 GMT
I recently had this issue. UI links were working for some nodes meaning when
I go to dfsHealth.jsp page and following some cluster data node links some
would work and some would show a 404 error.

I started tracing them all the way from the listening ports. Data nodes port
is 50010 so do a netsat on that port to find what process is listening in.
Then check that process to see if its the data node. The issue I had was
somehow when I did the hadoop upgrade I had a older instance and a new
instance of data node running and it was all messed up so I had to kill all
hadoop processes and do a clean start.

On 12/27/10 9:22 PM, "common-user-digest-help@hadoop.apache.org"
<common-user-digest-help@hadoop.apache.org> wrote:

> From: Harsh J <qwertymaniac@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 09:51:11 +0530
> To: <common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: UI doesn't work
>
> I remember facing such an issue with the JT (50030) once. None of the
> jsp pages would load, 'cept the index. It was some odd issue with the
> webapps not getting loaded right while startup. Don't quite remember
> how it got solved.
>
> Did you do any ant operation on your release copy of Hadoop prior to
> starting it, by the way?
>
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 5:15 AM, maha <maha@umail.ucsb.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I get Error 404 when I try to use hadoop UI to monitor my job execution. I'm
>> using Hadoop-0.20.2 and the following are parts of my configuration files.
>>
>>  in Core-site.xml:
>>    <name>fs.default.name</name>
>>    <value>hdfs://speed.cs.ucsb.edu:9000</value>
>>
>> in mapred-site.xml:
>>    <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
>>    <value>speed.cs.ucsb.edu:9001</value>
>>

>> when I try to open:  http://speed.cs.ucsb.edu:50070/   I get the 404 Error.
>>

>> Any ideas?
>>
>>  Thank you,
>>     Maha
>>

> --
> Harsh J
> www.harshj.com

iCrossing Privileged and Confidential Information
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information of iCrossing. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email