From Mark Kerzner <markkerz...@gmail.com>
Subject Mounting HDFS as local file system
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 03:01:44 GMT
Hi, guys,

I see that there is MountableHDFS<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/MountableHDFS>,
and I know that it works, but my questions are as follows:

   - How reliable is it for large storage?;
   - Is it not hiding the regular design questions - we are dealing with
   NameServers after all, but are trying to use it as a regular file system?
   - For example, HDFS is not optimized for many small files that get
   written and deleted, but a mounted system will lure one in this direction.

Thanks a bunch for your opinions.

Sincerely,
Mark