From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Help for the problem of running lucene on Hadoop
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2011 08:56:10 GMT
With even a dozen or two servers, it is very easy to flatten a mysql server
with a hadoop cluster.

Also, mysql is typically a very poor storage system for an inverted index
because it doesn't allow for compression of the posting vectors.

Better to copy Katta in this required and create many independent indexes.