From Harsh J <qwertyman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error: ... It is indirectly referenced from required .class files - implements
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2010 04:48:04 GMT
Try adding the commons-logging jar to your build path. It is available
in the lib/ folder of your Hadoop distribution.

If you use the MapReduce eclipse plugin which comes with the Hadoop
distro, it would add all required jars to create a Hadoop project
automatically (i.e. everything in lib/*.jar +
hadoop-mapred/hdfs/common).

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 10:06 AM, maha <maha@umail.ucsb.edu> wrote:
> This is a compilation error I get in Eclipse ... So, I don't so how putting the hadoop-core.jar
in the lib/ directory will change the error.
> Do you suggest another way of running a hadoop java program ?
>
> The way I do it is .. Create an Eclipse project , Build Paths --> Add External Archives:
hadoop-core.jar and that's it !  When I check inside the jar, I can't find the binary class
file I'm looking for. So how can I add a binary files to this jar? I tried adding the source
file, but this requires a cascading addition of other files. What shall I do?

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com