From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom input split
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 02:34:01 GMT
Please don't use attachments. They should be stripped by the Apache
mailer. There are a bunch of mail archiver sites which don't save
attachments.

Lance

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Harsh J <qwertymaniac@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Black, Michael (IS)
> <Michael.Black2@ngc.com> wrote:
>> I assume there's a way to make a specific # of splits and add each document to the
separate splits...but I'll be darned if I can find the docs or an example to show this.

> Would CombineFileInputFormat and CombineFileSplit be what you're looking for?
>
> Doc links: http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/lib/CombineFileInputFormat.html
> & http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/lib/CombineFileSplit.html
>
>> As I said I'm using hadoop-0.20.2 which I know makes a difference as so many things
get deprecated on each release.  Old references don't seem to work.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com