From "W.P. McNeill" <bill...@gmail.com>
Subject Is hadoop-streaming.jar part of the Apache distribution?
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 18:37:55 GMT
I installed the Apache distribution <http://hadoop.apache.org/> of Hadoop on
my laptop and set it up to run in local mode.  It's working for me, but I
can't find the hadoop-streaming.jar file.  It is nowhere under the Hadoop
home directory.  The root of the Hadoop home directory contains the
following JARs:

hadoop-0.20.2-ant.jar hadoop-0.20.2-examples.jar hadoop-0.20.2-tools.jar
hadoop-0.20.2-core.jar hadoop-0.20.2-test.jar

The documentation makes it appear that streaming is part of the default
install.  I don't see anything that says I have to perform an extra step to
get it installed.

How do I get streaming installed on my laptop?

Thanks.