From "Black, Michael (IS)" <Michael.Bla...@ngc.com>
Subject RE:HDFS FS Commands Hanging System
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 17:09:43 GMT
Try checking your dfs status

hadoop dfsadmin -safemode get

Probably says "ON"

hadoop dfsadmin -safemode leave

Somebody else can probably say how to make this happen every reboot....

Michael D. Black
Senior Scientist
Advanced Analytics Directorate
Northrop Grumman Information Systems

________________________________

From: Jon Lederman [mailto:jon2718@gmail.com]
Sent: Fri 12/31/2010 11:00 AM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: EXTERNAL:HDFS FS Commands Hanging System

Hi All,

I have been working on running Hadoop on a new microprocessor architecture in pseudo-distributed
mode.  I have been successful in getting SSH configured.  I am also able to start a namenode,
secondary namenode, tasktracker, jobtracker and datanode as evidenced by the response I get
from jps.

However, when I attempt to interact with the file system in any way such as the simple command
hadoop fs -ls, the system hangs.  So it appears to me that some communication is not occurring
properly.  Does anyone have any suggestions what I look into in order to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

-Jon