From Jon Lederman <jon2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS FS Commands Hanging System
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 19:20:39 GMT
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response.  It doesn't seem to be an issue with safemode.

Even when I try the command dfsadmin -safemode get, the system hangs.  I am unable to execute
any FS shell commands other than hadoop fs -help.

I am wondering whether this an issue with communication between the daemons?  What should
I be looking at there?  Or could it be something else?

When I do jps, I do see all the daemons listed.

Any other thoughts.

Thanks again and happy new year.

On Dec 31, 2010, at 9:09 AM, Black, Michael (IS) wrote:

> Try checking your dfs status
> hadoop dfsadmin -safemode get
> Probably says "ON"
> hadoop dfsadmin -safemode leave
> Somebody else can probably say how to make this happen every reboot....
> Michael D. Black
> Senior Scientist
> Advanced Analytics Directorate
> Northrop Grumman Information Systems
mode.  I have been successful in getting SSH configured.  I am also able to start a namenode,
secondary namenode, tasktracker, jobtracker and datanode as evidenced by the response I get
from jps.
> However, when I attempt to interact with the file system in any way such as the simple
command hadoop fs -ls, the system hangs.  So it appears to me that some communication is not
occurring properly.  Does anyone have any suggestions what I look into in order to fix this
> Thanks in advance.
> -Jon

View raw message