From maha <m...@umail.ucsb.edu>
Subject Flow of control
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 01:28:15 GMT
Hi,

  (1) I declared a global variable in my hadoop mainClass which gets initialized in the 'run'
function of this mainClass. When I try to access this global static variable from the MapperClass,
it appears to be uninitialized.

        Why is that? Is it because of the parallel execution of Hadoop functions ? but , isn't
the 'run' function supposed to be the one to run first and prepare all the job configurations
before the Maps even start?

  (2) Fig 4.5 in http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module4.html  shows the inputFormat
to be the one running before the maps. My question is in which node? The JobTracker node?

  Thank you,
      Maha