From Sheeba <sheeba.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on utf-8 chars
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:56:39 GMT
This must be a simple question . But somehow I am not able to get it to work.
I have a text file which has ISO Latin characters like CancĂșn.
The mapper is taking "Text" as the input value.
public

void map(LongWritable key, Text value, OutputCollector<Text, IntWritable> output, Reporter
reporter) throws IOException
But the Latin charcters are not recognized correctly and it throws a MalInputException when
I try

Text.validateUTF8(value.getBytes());

Any idea how to resolve this. Appreciate any help.

--
Sheeba Ann George