From gondzo <gondzo+nab...@gmail.com>
Subject Graph path length
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2010 23:50:35 GMT

Hello,

I am solving a graph problem using MapReduce (using Hadoop of course :D)

I have came to a point where i need to calculate length of a path in a
graph. To be more precise, i have a list of paths for which I have to
calculate path length. Edge weights are stored in a adjacency list (I tried
with weight matrix first).
I have came to a conclusion that whatever algorithm I use, it will have to
traverse the entire graph. So far, i think that i will take several
iterations to find path lengths, which could take a lot of time and
resources.

Have you came upon a similar problem, or do you have any ideas for the
algorithm?

Regards
Samir