From Seth Lepzelter <...@frb.gov>
Subject Re: files that don't really exist?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 23:14:50 GMT
Alright, a little further investigation along that line (thanks for the
hint, can't believe I didn't think of that), shows that there's actually a
carriage return character (%0D, aka \r) at the end of the filename.

using the hdfs web ui, I browsed to his directory, and the ui wants to send
me to /user/ken/testoutput5%0D

which also kind of matches the output of hadoop fs -lsr:

drwx------   - ken users                0 2010-08-26 19:48 /user/ken/testoutput5
/_logs----   - ken users          0 2010-08-26 19:48 /user/ken/testoutput5
/_logs/history ken users          0 2010-08-26 19:48 /user/ken/testoutput5

hadoop fs -ls /user/ken/test*

results in:
ls: Cannot access /user/ken/test*: No such file or directory.

I guess *, in hadoop's parlance, doesn't include a \r.

got a \r into the command line, -rmr'ed that, it's now fixed.

Thanks!
-Seth