From Harsh J <qwertyman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could I deploy CDH3 on Windows?
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 16:49:29 GMT
Hello,

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Yu Li <carp84@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If I only have machines with Windows OS, and don't want to re-install Linux
> OS, is there any means for me to use CDH3? Is there any windows package for
> CDH3? Thanks in advance.

No "installer" packages exist for Windows AFAIK. Using Linux is the
"best" way right now. But anyway...

There are tarball packages from Cloudera's releases, just like there
are for Apache's releases. You can find CDH3 tarball source packages
here: http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/

You can then set this up for Windows, with Cygwin installed, just like
you would for a Linux tar distribution. For installing without Cygwin
look at the JIRA issue HADOOP-6767, it has a patch that can help (am
not sure if this is included in CDH3).

P.s. For cloudera-specific help like these, mail to cloudera CDH-user
list here: https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/group/cdh-user/topics
(cdh-user@cloudera.org)

--
Harsh J