From rahul patodi <patodira...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a single command to start the whole cluster in CDH3 ?
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 06:18:25 GMT
hi Hary,
when i try to start hadoop daemons by /usr/lib/hadoop# bin/start-dfs.sh on
name node it is giving this error:"*May not run daemons as root. Please
specify HADOOP_NAMENODE_USER"(*same for other daemons*)*
but when i try to start it using "*/etc/init.d/hadoop-0.20-namenode start" *
it* *gets start successfully* **
*
*whats the reason behind that?
*