From Steve Lewis <lordjoe2...@gmail.com>
Subject Running as multiple users on a cluster
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:19:14 GMT
We have recently set up a hadoop 0.21 cluster. It looks as if jobs are
designed to run as a user www

We would like to run jobs as individual users - say joe, bill, sue

This raises several issues -
   we can disable permissions - otherwise we see permission issues when jobs
are staged

 What about staging - are there conflicts if multiple users try to submit
jobs at the same time - as long as there is no conflict on
input or output directories

are threre other issues or reasons why different users cannot run hadoop
jobs on the same cluster

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave Ne