From Hari Sreekumar <hsreeku...@clickable.com>
Subject Re: Making Changes to mapred-site.xml
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 04:20:13 GMT
Hi,
  I have seen that restarting the mapreduce daemons is enough in that case
(stop-mapred and start-mapred). In fact, if you change just the properties
relevant only to tasktracker, you just need to restart the tasktracker on
each node or that specific node where you want the change to take effect.
(e.g map.tasks.maximum etc.)

hari