From sudharshan <sudhar...@wayne.edu>
Subject Problem running the jar files from web page
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 18:48:16 GMT

Hello I am a newbie to hadoop environment. I got stuck with a problem on
running jar file in hadoop
I have a mapreduce application for which I have created a web interface to
run. The application runs perfectly in command line terminal. But when same
command is issued from web interface through perl script it doesnt work and
exits with 65280 error message.
    For eg I have a html page named application.html and when user submits
it is redirected to application.cgi which is a perl script which issues the
command say system("bin/hadoop jar application.jar  input/input.txt
output/output.txt parameters") and as a result it will create a file named
output.txt in the hdfs file system. The input file is also in the hdfs file
system. This perl script runs perfectly when issued in command terminal but
not from web page. I guess the problem is because of hdfs file permission
but I am not able to find a solution for it.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance