From Gokulakannan M <gok...@huawei.com>
Subject Why socket retries 45 in hadoop IPC Client?
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:48:27 GMT
Hi folks,

            In Hadoop IPC Client , I found that the maxretries is 45 in case
if SocketTimeoutException is got from server(mostly from datanode or
namenode).      I wonder why a large value 45 is used as max retry time.
Possibly there might be a specific reason behind this(because generally the
retry value will be 3 or something like that) ? <moreover the max retry for
IOexception is only 10>. Clarifications appreciated..