From "Gangl, Michael E (388K)" <Michael.E.Ga...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Is there an any way to change the number of reduce jobs on a local hadoop job
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:15:23 GMT
I believe you can only do this if you run in pseudo-distributed mode:

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.0/quickstart.html#PseudoDistributed

-Mike

On 10/29/10 11:10 AM, "Steve Lewis" <lordjoe2000@gmail.com> wrote:

I frequently run small versions of my Hadoop jobs as local single machine
jobs to debug my logic.
When I do this I always get only a single reduce task even when I call
setNumReduceTasks with, say 10.

I want to debug some issues with the number of reducers and wonder if there
is a way to force local
hadoop jobs to emulate multiple reduce tasks

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave Ne