From Sudhir Vallamkondu <Sudhir.Vallamko...@icrossing.com>
Subject Re: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 00:52:18 GMT
Looks like an network error on Datanode during checkDiskError operation.
Does your datanode use network mounts for storage? If yes then worth
checking mounts.

On 10/16/10 8:44 AM, "common-user-digest-help@hadoop.apache.org"
<common-user-digest-help@hadoop.apache.org> wrote:

> From: "Sharma, Avani" <agsharma@ebay.com>
> Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 07:40:51 -0700
> To: "common-user@hadoop.apache.org" <common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
> Subject: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
>
> I get the below error when dumping a 50G file on one of my Hadoop (0.20.2)
> clusters. It worked fine on another one though. I researched and this seems
> more like a network problem? I want to know how can I go about resolving this.
> What all should I look for on my cluster to debug this.
>
> 2010-10-15 06:01:50,014 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
> PacketResponder blk_-1170040697541244894_3431 1 Exception
> java.net.SocketExcept
> ion: Broken pipe
>         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
>         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
>         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
>         at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeLong(DataOutputStream.java:207)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.DataTransferProtocol$PipelineAck.write(DataTra
> nsferProtocol.java:132)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockReceiver$PacketResponder.run(Block
> Receiver.java:899)
>
> 2010-10-15 06:01:50,016 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
> IOException in BlockReceiver.run():
> java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
>         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
>         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
>         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
>         at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeLong(DataOutputStream.java:207)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.DataTransferProtocol$PipelineAck.write(DataTra
> nsferProtocol.java:132)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockReceiver$PacketResponder.run(Block
> Receiver.java:1001)
> 2010-10-15 06:01:50,017 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
> checkDiskError: exception:
> java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
>         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
>         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
>         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
>         at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeLong(DataOutputStream.java:207)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.DataTransferProtocol$PipelineAck.write(DataTra
> nsferProtocol.java:132)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockReceiver$PacketResponder.run(Block
> Receiver.java:1001)
>
> Thanks,
> Avani Sharma

iCrossing Privileged and Confidential Information
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information of iCrossing. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email