From Harsh J <qwertyman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: specify number of mappers/reducers per node per job?
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 06:03:52 GMT
AFAIK there is no way to control this from a job submission perspective.
Maybe the scheduler concept in Hadoop MapReduce can help you.

--
Harsh J
http://www.harshj.com

On Oct 21, 2010 6:32 AM, "jiang licht" <licht_jiang@yahoo.com> wrote:

Is there a way to control maximum number of mappers or reducers per node per
job? i.e. say I have a cluster, now I want to run a job such that on each
node, no more than 2 mappers are expected to run at the same time (but
maximum numbers of m/r slots on a node are some bigger numbers specified by
"mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum",
"mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum").

Thanks,

Michael