From Harsh J <qwertyman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Reduce is never called
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:23:26 GMT
Hello,

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Cameron_ <rch3@sfu.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Hadoop and new to the community.  I am using Hadoop 0.20.2 and
> working through the LineIndexer example.  I  have defined the Reducer using
> the followinjob.setReducerClass (LineIndexerReducer.class);g line:
>
> job.setReducerClass (LineIndexerReducer.class);
>
> in the file  http://old.nabble.com/file/p30094575/LineIndexer.java
> LineIndexer.java .  My Reducer code is
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p30094575/LineIndexerReducer.java
> LineIndexerReducer.java .  I have a trace print statement in the Reducer.
> This println statement never gets executed indicating that my Reducer never
> gets called.  My mapper,

There's a Web UI that's brought up for free when you start a Hadoop
cluster. You can view your stdout log on it. It, by default, resides
on your jobtracker host's port 50030, say http://localhost:50030
perhaps in your case. Open it in the browser and you'll find a lot of
details about your job, including per-task stdout/stderr and logger
outputs.