From Ben Hardy <benha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access Error
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 00:08:19 GMT
Hi Steve! Long time no see :-)

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Steve Kuo <kuosenhao@gmail.com> wrote:

> This could be caused by different user accounts.
>
> Is the user "hadoop" when running job on the master and "bhardy" on remote
> client?

Actually this running as users called bhardy on both master (a box running
centos with cdh) and remote client (a mac).

The client would be getting the username from the local mac environment, the
master is set up to authenticate users against ldap.

I believe both work by running 'whoami' right? So it shouldn't matter where
the username comes from.

cheers